Internal Firm Bookkeeper
Join the Kaizen CPAs + Advisors family and embark on a journey with a twist – we're not your average accounting firm!
Since our inception in 1964, we've been more than just a CPA firm – we're a close-knit community of dedicated professionals who believe in the power of partnership and family values. Our roots run deep, and our growth is a testament to the unwavering commitment we have to both our clients and our team members.
At Kaizen, we're not just about crunching numbers; we're about fostering a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration, and celebration. We're your ultimate career partner, where your accomplishments are not just recognized but celebrated with genuine enthusiasm. Our team isn't just a group of colleagues; we're a support system that encourages you to flourish and achieve your best.
Picture yourself in an environment where your ideas are valued, your talents are nurtured, and your growth is championed. Here, innovation meets tradition, and the excitement of pushing boundaries is balanced with the stability of a firm that has stood the test of time.
So, if you're ready to break free from the ordinary, step into a world of opportunity, and be part of a company that's rewriting the rules of what an accounting firm can be, then Kaizen CPAs + Advisors is where your journey begins. Join us, and together, let's redefine success in ways that go beyond the numbers.
Internal Firm Bookkeeper - “Details matter.” ~Steve Jobs
Are you detail-oriented and passionate about accuracy? Do you thrive on challenges and believe in the value of continuous learning? If you are ready to take your accounting career to the next level, we have the perfect opportunity for you! Our firm is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Staff Accountant to join our dynamic team in our Antioch or Lake Zurich office. This position has work-from-home potential, but is not a fully-remote position.
If you have a passion for accuracy, enjoy diving into the details, and have a commitment to continuous learning, this position is perfect for you. The successful candidate will have prior experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, strong communication skills, and a strong attention to detail. If you are ready to bring your methodical mindset, meticulous attention to detail, and enthusiasm for a fun office environment, we invite you to apply.
- Prepare financial statements, which includes a balance sheet and income statement, for 10 entities (currently)
- Maintain receivables aging report, work daily on collections, reporting to the COO weekly on collections status
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Post appropriate accruals
- Review accuracy of financial transactions from various data feeds, e.g., accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit cards
- Coordinate the completion of the balance sheet account analysis
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable processes
- Reconcile bank accounts and other company financial accounts; investigate discrepancies in accounts and make corrections as needed
- Facilitate check processing
- Maintain subsidiary records for fixed assets, loan balances, and prepaid expenses
- Reconcile billable expenses
- Manage credit card accounts
- Complete and file annual reporting of IRS Forms 1099
- Reconcile progress billings (1 entity)
- Prepare sales tax return (1 entity)
- Maintain renewal of property/casualty and malpractice insurance
- Ensure timely processing of financial statements
- Prepare monthly practice management reports as required
- Prepare and process payroll
- Assist with annual budget review and preparation
- Embrace additional responsibilities and special projects as assigned by COO
- A genuine belief that details matter and a commitment to upholding accuracy in all aspects of your work.
- 5+ years of bookkeeping experience
- Experience with payroll processing
- Self-starter mindset: possess the drive and initiative to take ownership of your work and thrive when given autonomy.
- Analytical skill to research and resolve accounting issues
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Proficiency in using bookkeeping software and tools, e.g., QuickBooks Online, Excel, and familiarity with CRM systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in person and via video calls
If you are ready to bring your methodical mindset and enthusiasm for accuracy to our fun office environment, we encourage you to apply. Join us in this challenging and rewarding opportunity as a Staff Accountant. Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you believe you are the perfect fit for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
Kaizen CPAs + Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Not Applicable
Business Location : Kenosha, Wisconsin
Application Link : https://smrtr.io/gfMGy