This hourly (non-exempt) position is responsible for performing customer transactions and delivering outstanding service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage customer experience, ensuring satisfactory service standards and appropriate resolutions are achieved.
- Provide teller services including, performing customer transactions, processing cash advances, depositing currency, ordering coin, and other teller services.
- Provide special services as needed, including, issuing official checks and processing cash advances, coin deposits, coin orders and foreign currency.
- Balance teller cash drawer daily, as well as review, scan and balance customers deposits and withdrawals.
- Collaborate with branch colleagues to ensure a cohesive customer experience tailored to individual needs, resulting in a comprehensive banking relationship.
- Utilize tools and resources to strategically recommend products and services to encourage customers to meet with branch staff.
- Balance and replenish ATMs which includes processing of deposits and verifying currency in machine. Audit the vault and other teller work as needed.
- Perform opening/closing procedures of the branch and follow internal security procedures.
- Assist in branch sales initiatives and meet or exceed assigned sales and referral goals. May participate in calling initiatives to new/existing customers.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Analyze and identify risks while conducting customer transactions. Utilize compliance and fraud training to accurately respond and escalate suspicious activity to the appropriate department.
- Participate in internal audits demonstrating an understanding of internal bank policies and procedures to ensure exemplary customer service standards are met.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Comprehensive training and professional development are provided to adequately prepare individuals, equipping them with the skillsets to succeed the role. Training will include technical and customer service topics via classroom style, electronic, and one-on-one training.
- Minimum one year of cash handling experience required. Teller experience preferred.
- Must be professional, comfortable speaking with external and internal contacts with a demonstrated ability to tailor the message appropriately to the audience and situation effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to convey thoughts and ideas effectively and succinctly via written formats, including emails, letters, and electronic platforms. Maintain professional standards relating to spelling and grammar.
- Maintain credibility through professional demeanor, appearance, and presence by modeling standards appropriate to our environment and industry.
- Maintain good working relationships with internal partners by exhibiting exemplary interpersonal skills, adopting a constructive, solutions-focused approach.
- Use sound professional judgment to balance the interests of the organization and customer, understanding and using available resources to mitigate risks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 products and applications, including the ability to effectively prepare or review documents, procedures, and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and applications, as well as the ability to understand, adapt and adjust responsibilities/workflows as a result of system upgrades.
- Occasional travel to other First American Bank locations to assist other branches, Bank functions, and training facilities required.
- Typically scheduled for a 36 – 40 hour work week between Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Additional hours may be required depending upon business need.
- Punctuality is required to maintain First American Bank’s customer service standards.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Business Location : 1350 22nd Avenue Kenosha, WI 53140