Special Needs Caregiver
Are you pursuing a degree in Special Education and/or Therapeutic Recreation? If so, then this may be a perfect fit for you. As a Caregiver, you provide a safe environment and supportive care for children and adults with disabilities that participate in our program. You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this year-round, part-time position.
- Actively and safely supervise and interact with adults and children participating in the program.
- Provide necessary daily care needs to program participants which may include lifting, feeding, bathroom needs, exercise, and communication.
- Lead program activities such as arts and crafts, leisure activities, group games, and group swimming.
- Ensure that program policies, guidelines, and safety procedures are followed; including program ratio requirements.
- Responsible for daily attendance tracking.
- Maintain professionalism when interacting with parents as well as program participants.
- Assist with answering questions, concerns, and comments from program participants, parents/guardians, and the general public.
- Greet every guest/member entering the program area and strive to create a positive first impression.
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : High School
Business Location : Village of Pleasant Prairie RecPlex
Application Link : https://www.pleasantprairiewi.gov/departments/human_resources/employment
Hourly Pay/Salary Range : $12.00 - $18.00 per hour; based on experience