Summer Camp Leader
The Summer Camp Leader is a seasonal position in the Youth Department of the RecPlex. The primary purpose of the Summer Camp Leader is to provide a safe environment for children participating in the program. The primary responsibility is to provide a safe, positive and enjoyable environment for participants while interacting in a pleasant and professional manner.
Job Duties Include:
- Supervision of Summer Camp Counselors and day-to-day operations of the Summer Camp program activities in all program facilities.
- Competently resolve Summer Camp issues or concerns relating to programs or operations.
- Show positive hospitality in the Summer Camp program while providing thorough coverage and supervision; be accessible and visible.
- Know and enforce all RecPlex, Village and Department rules, regulations, policies, standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Alertly and actively supervise the Summer Camp Counselors and children; giving them your undivided attention.
- Assist Summer Camp Counselors, children, and parents with questions or concerns.
- Enforce personnel standards, guidelines and qualifications to ensure quality in the Summer Camp Program.
- Responsible for assisting in training and evaluation of staff.
- Assist with the implementation of age appropriate summer day camp lesson plans.
- Assist with organization & supervision of snacks, lunches, and weekly field trips.
- May operate multi-passenger vehicle to transport children as needed.
- Effective & proper use, clean, and store equipment for arts & crafts and/or outdoor programs.
Visit our website for more details and to apply online: pleasantprairiewi.gov
Job Type : Seasonal
Education Level : Not Applicable
Business Location : Village of Pleasant Prairie
Application Link : https://selfservice.pleasantprairiewi.gov/ess/EmploymentOpportunities/
Hourly Pay/Salary Range : $14.00 - $18.00 per hour